Friday 28 June 2013

Pajama Friday

Due to the kids commitments, Friday has always been a PJ day for us. We chill out at home and I attempt to not make plans for us to do anything I've always believed it helps the kids to reboot and reset after a big week. It's also a rest day for me not needing to go anywhere or ran the kids I also tend to 'attempt' my workouts at home on a Friday and staying in is also good for my sanity!
Since commencing the 12wbt I've noticed a slight shift in the workings of Pajama Day. We used to actually stay in our pj's all day and sit in front of the TV or do 'inside fun' which generally revolved around doing as little as possible and having take away for dinner.
Now we stay home but we actually 'do stuff' we cook, or play games outside and generally try and do fun stuff together. Normally Friday is when you would see mfp ping with an hour of wii with master 4 or kicking the ball around outside. Recently due to the weather, Fridays have been massive fort constructions and craft things... that I swore I would never ever EVER do at home... because of the mess... that I might need to move from said couch to clean up!

Not today, though miss 1 was happy to assist getting the Moroccan lamb shanks in the slow cooker Master 4 wasn't interested. We attempted to play wii but while waiting for a change of game Master 4 decided to draw on the white carpet with blue crayon...
Granted said carpet is about 30 years old but that's not the point....
He was given a time out, made to clean up the mess and was told there would be no further wii entertainment for the rest of the day. After he sheepishly returned from time out he was given lunch (tuna and spinach wraps) and continued to keep a low profile.

He asked if we could bake cake... or cookies... I said no.... offered to make something that wasn't sweet and he wasn't interested.
He asked if he could have the crayon's back... I said no...
He read Miss 1 a story.... he read me a story...
He changed outfits about 4 times and decided that the over shoulder look really should be in this season despite the obvious floors when being worn in sub-zero temperatures.

Finally,
he watched the TV... what we used to do ALL day on a Friday has become a last resort activity :D

As a side note, while both kids were happily entertaining one another I decided to do a sneaky and crack out the wii Zumba for 45 minutes....

and paid the ultimate price....


Have I mentioned Miss 1 is obsessed with toilet paper
Living room looked a little like a snowstorm... and Master 4 decided a jar of Vegemite is a perfectly acceptable snack when mummy wasn't watching....

That'll teach me for trusting the quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment