Tuesday 11 June 2013

What just happened?

I can't believe that it's Tuesday,
What on earth happened to the past week, it's like I blinked and missed it.
 Unfortunately I look back at the failings of last week and feel that I haven't come very far in improving my attitude or organization. My exercise has been haphazard, I wagged my run yesterday as the kids were home due to the public holiday. I have double zumba to make it up tonight.

I have had a little amount of family drama. My half sister has decided after 10 years of being estranged to attempt to re-connect with this side of the family. A lot of hurt has been done and many issues will need to be worked through she also has full time custody of her son who is 16, and he still has a book I gave to him when he was 4 the last time I set eyes on him he was younger than my son. It has made for a very introspective time and really working out what is important and creating clear boundaries. I meet with her on Sunday and she was upset but understanding that I had come alone, though she desperately wants a relationship with my kids.
My father is very selfish, and unfortunately that is the person we share. She is desperate to see him and prove that she has come a long way from her last contact. It was heartbreaking to try and explain that he lives in a bubble that don't include myself or my children so her chances of being able to reconnect with him are not great.
I will continue to see her and keep everything crossed that she continues on the path she is on, both for herself and my nephew. As you can imagine it has been an emotionally charged week.
I have had issues at work also this week but they have needed to go on the back burner for the time being. Sooner or later I'll drag that soap box out to climb upon and preach to anyone who will listen.

This weeks mini mission is to stick to the meal plan 100%, today so far so good,
yesterday... not so good.
I will also be aiming for that 9:30 bedtime, now game of thrones has finished I have no excuse to be up late munching popcorn.

Until tomorrow
xoxox


3 comments:

  1. I hope that you are able to sort things through and that everything does work out for your relationship. I can't imagine what it must be like for you at the moment.

    Best wishes for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it so hard to stay on track when there's a heap of emotionally draining stuff going - and there's never an easy fix when it comes to families. Hope you're getting through it okay :)

    BTW I'm also enjoying the post-GoT earlier bedtime haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Families, it's tough. A year after my dad died my mum and I went through a torrid year, and it was all just so silly. Well not at the time, but on reflection. We are now back to where we used to be thank goodness, but it's taken 4 years to get there.

    Just baby steps, and a good friend of mine told me once and this is something I go back to time and time again. You can't change the other person, you can only change your reaction to them. That gave me such peace over the torrid time.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete