Tuesday 21 May 2013

Somebody call the WAAmbulance I have a cold

So the inevitable has occurred  yesterday that tell tale tickle in the back of my nose and increased pressure in my sinus has evolved today into a full blown head cold.
That's right, I am officially sick!

Say it with me "BOOOOOOO"

Yesterday I slammed it out at body combat hoping to rid myself of the germs, I've tried this in the past but 'sweating it out' tends to do me no good. Alas once again it did not work though I have aching shoulders and chest to show for my efforts.
After my alarm sounded, along with Master 4's insistence that it's morning and Miss 1 making music by kicking the wall through the bars of her cot and singing what sounded like twinkle twinkle in scribble. I dragged myself from bed and was instantly in an awful mood. Showered in an attempt to clear my sinus and switched into daytime mode.




After loading master 4 off to kinder and getting home Miss 1 and I had some very tasty porridge for breakfast, After reading heaps of comments about how much of it there was I halved the recipe for the two of us.
As it turns out, Miss 1 ate more than I expected, and after devouring hers eyed what remained in my bowl expectantly until I handed it over. It was delicious, warm, gooey, and everything I wanted it to be. I also found it to be sweet enough but added a touch of honey to Miss 1's serve

I had planned to do my normal double Zumba tonight but being out in the near arctic temperatures that we are blessed with once the sun goes down may not help the situation. Also the fact I'm sore and sorry from yesterday may not bode well for my already struggling body. Instead I will do a DVD/video from the website. Undecided on which one as yet but I'm leaning towards stretching :)

On the plus side my appetite is almost non-existent so regardless of how today plays out, keeping to calories shouldn't be an issue.

Now for a pot of herbal tea and some quiet while Miss 1 naps, maybe I'll sneak in a kip of my own.






1 comment:

  1. I customised the porridge out this week to make things a bit easier but I'm regretting now that I'm seeing so many yummy pics and good reviews. Blast! I'm glad to see that your little miss 1 liked it so much too!

    ReplyDelete